Wednesday 16 March 2011

BEOTL

I have been in enough schools to recognise acronyms but BEOTL is a new one on me! I saw it everywhere on every board in the school I was in today and I was puzzled. I know WALT and WILF (We Are Learning Today and What I'm Looking For) but BEOTL made no earthly sense to me. My curiosity got the better of me so I asked the T.A. She said it was introduced when OFSTED put the school in special measures and it means Before the End Of The Lesson..... I was astonished by the fact that it means nothing and that the school was in special measures. It was lovely and the staff were hard working and the children were delightful. I investigated further to discover that I was one of many supply teachers. They had a number of senior staff on long-term sick and a new head. It's hardly the fault of those working hard currently. The displays were amazing and they had a lovely atmosphere in the place.

What do I know? I would have said closer to outstanding myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment